Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Work Life Balance

These 3 wise words that were repeatedly mentioned many times this year. First it was at my dept staff retreat. Then it was at our staff communication session.

Since I started climbing again, these are the 3 words that I want to follow by. I may be tight down with never ending work, I need to know when to put work aside and take a break from it all.

This is still very much a struggle for me especially when I know what's ahead of me and what needs to be done. I was just joking with my boss today that I need 30 hours a day. He prompted me to stay back for overtime jokingly. I was somewhat not motivated to do so mainly because I know it's play time after that. I realised my work life balance is improving somewhat. I still have work unfinished, undone and more waiting to be done. I couldn't care less today. Somehow I know my heart really needs a break. When is it coming? Soon.... I hope.

Had a good dinner with some friends which we have not had a gathering this big for a long time. And the occasion - Joanne's birthday. We gave her an interesting treat. 38 types of peanut related food. Lotsa pics and video taken. Will try to post some photos up later. This is another step taken forward for WLB.

I think this is one of the nicer songs of this olympic.

No comments: