I was reading the previous post and played the song - Be Still. I started to tear. I realised I have always posted writings here about needing His graces. Yes, this is another one about it. Because I feel that this time I really can only depend on His healing and mercy on us.
I recall last year this time, I was also preparing to go on a school trip and my health seemed to light up some issues. I kept my fingers crossed, prayed but not very hard and went on with the trip. I came back and had a positive health report though some areas requires improvement.
I haven't been well the past few days. In short, if medical
report out next week shows that it is only bacteria infection, it is
good news. Otherwise, it may be something else which would require
further investigations. I went back to office today, discussed with a colleague and we both agree that I should inform my host partner that I may not make it to the trip this time. Just to get her prepared in case the report really doesn't turn out good.
In the midst of settling some urgent work at hand, she called. It was a timely reminder that I had to inform. I called her back a short while later as I was occupied with something urgent. She was very surprised to hear what I told her. But instead of sounding negative, she gave me encouragement and reminded me that I need to believe in God's healing. She's a Christian by the way. She reiterated that I need to keep my faith and believe in the power of prayer. We spoke about some work and before we hang up, she offered to pray for me over the phone. I was very heartened to know and accepted it. I needed it very much at this moment. While she was praying about 3/4 through, I felt as though something just took the pain away and also lifted my spirit. I felt so joyful, never before in the past few days. The gift of joy was certainly in me. I told her right away when the prayer ended and we both believe that it was the power of prayer. There is definitely no doubt about it.
She taught me a lesson. I need to continue to believe the healing power of our Lord. I just need to believe and not doubt. He will make all things beautiful again, in His time. I have been rescued by Him so many times, he will help me through this round. Let go and believe! Please keep me in your prayers.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment